Frequently Asked Questions
If you know someone who has been diagnosed with a terminal illness, and have experienced one or more of the following, Standards Hospice can help.
- Terminal Illness (Cancer, CHF, COPD, Stage 4-5 Renal Failure, Alzheimer’s, Liver Disease, Stage 4-5 Heart Disease, CVA-Secondary to Cardiac Embolism, Parkinson’s Disease)
- Physical Decline
- Weight Loss/Loss of Appetite
- Dependence on Most Activities of Daily Living
- Multiple Inpatient Hospitalizations
- Multiple Co-morbidities
- Ongoing Pain or Trouble Controlling Symptoms
- Shortness of Breath with Minimum Exertion
- Re-Occuring Infections
- Feelings of Confusion or Depression
- Serum Albumin < 2.5mg/dl
- History of Cardiac Arrest or Resuscitation
- Ejection Fraction 20% or Less
Hospice provides support and care for people in the last phases of an incurable disease so they may live as fully and as comfortable as possible. Hospice recognizes that the dying process is a part of the normal process of living and focuses on enhancing the quality of remaining life. Standards Hospice will provide optimum symptom relief, while preventing suffering and supporting the individual and the family.
Hospice is covered 100% by MCR and Medicaid. Private Insurances pay depending on the plan benefits. This service includes the full benefit of the hospice team, equipment and supplies and medications that are used for comfort control and drugs required for maintenance.
Our team is here to provide support to you and your family. The Standards Hospice team not only focuses on physical care, but provides spiritual and emotional support throughout your journey. Our team of trained physicians, nurses, social worker, spiritual counselor and volunteers work together to provide the patient and family-centered care. We understand that the hospice choice is an important life decision. We begin a journey that can be challenging and rewarding, together. Our team considers it a privilege to provide care to you and your family.