We are seeking a full-time Hospice Registered Nurse RN Case Manager in the Temple, TX area. We are offering a $5,000 sign-on bonus for this position! Job duties of this rewarding position include:
- Completing an initial, comprehensive and ongoing comprehensive assessment of patient and family to determine hospice needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es).
- Providing professional nursing care by utilizing all elements of nursing process.
- Assessing and evaluates patient’s status by: writing and initiating plan of care and regularly re-evaluating patient and family/caregiver needs and revising as necessary
- Initiating the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as patient status and needs change.
- Developing a care plan that establishes goals, based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates palliative nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family in the planning process.
- Initiating appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician in the physician’s plan of care.
- Counseling the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Providing health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan.
Ideal candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Registered Nurse with current Texas licensure
- 1 year of hospice nursing experience preferred
- Homecare Homebase EMR System experience a plus